Monday, December 1, 2008

Fourgiven Momma Loves to Read to Her Kids

I love to read to my kids. I don’t love to play cars and trucks. Seriously, I wish I did. But I don’t. So I vroom as many cars as my sanity will allow me and then we read these books (and many more, but these are some of our favorites):

(Sadly I didn't search the net to find the best possible deal on each book. I just looked them all up on Amazon and linked to it so if you were interested you could know for sure you had the right book. I got many of these books for $.01 plus shipping, lots of them at garage sales, quite a few from boxes in the attic of my childhood home, and too many for full price at Barnes and Noble. Oh and a few we don't own (yet) but have borrowed from our local library. Me love books! I'd love to hear about your favorites too!)

Favorites for infant +
Big Red Barn
You are Special
Because I Love You
If I Only Had a Green Nose
Just in Case You Ever Wonder

Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
The Foot Book

There’s a Wocket in My Pocket
Corduroy
Baby's First Bible
Goodnight Moon
Moo, Baa, La La La!
Birthday Monsters
The Going to Bed Book
Is Your Mama a Llama?
Time for Bed
My First Study Bible

Favorites for toddler/preschool +
Our Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm
The Year at Maple Hill Farm
Is Milton Missing?
Little Pilgrim’s Progress
Jesus Storybook Bible

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
DK Classics Black Beauty (abridged)
My First Message Bible for Kids

Mother Rabbit’s Son Tom
Bread and Jam for Frances
Little Bear’s Visit
Happy Birthday Moon
I’m a Duck!
God Gave Us You
God Gave Us Two
The New Baby
If You Give a… (all of them)

Fox Eyes
Green Eggs and Ham
Horton Hears a Who
Horton Hatches an Egg
The Usborne Flip-Flap Body Book
Make Way for Ducklings
Where the Wild Things Are
D.W. The Picky Eater
What Do People Do All Day?
The Poky Little Puppy

1 comment:

The Walkie Talkie said...

That is a great list that I look forward to working our way through in the new year! Thanks for sharing!